Monday 21 January 2019

Shepherd

11 “‘For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them. 12 As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness...15 I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign Lord. Ezekiel 34:11-12,15.


Jesus is our loving shepherd and he speaks to us in the Holy Bible. We can see what kind of God we have, when we are looking at Jesus Christ and read the Bible with Jesus Christ’s eyes. Psalms comforts us and provides God’s promises which we can apply, such as this psalm 147:3 “3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds” (New International Version NIV, https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalms+147&version=NIV ), and the whole psalm 23 The Lord is my Shepherd. Jesus tells us that he is our Good Shepherd in the Gospel of John 10: “10....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. 11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” Furthermore, the psalm 147: “3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds”. All these words comfort us in everyday and our heart and words can comfort our neighbors, who need us near and far away: “25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it” (1 Cor 12). Jeesus came for all people and “5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus” (Phil 2). Do you want to go with this kind of Sheppard?




Photo: Vesa Saarinen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.