Sunday 4 August 2013

Peace

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all.The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by payer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:4-7

Why my soul is anxious and full of troubles, where is my God who can help me, who can calm my restless? My soul is like a storming lake, where is my Jesus? Jesus comes quietly and calms the storm (Matt 8:23-27), he comes in his Word gently and asks: what do you want me to do for you? Jesus is in the Holy Bible (Joh 1:1-13), in His Church, and hears your voice and your prayers even though you cannot formulate your petitions properly (Rom 8:26-27). Jesus is your Lord and your friend, looking at His face you can see our God Father, loving and caring Farther who is just waiting for you to help you (Luke 15:11-31) and to save you (Psalm 18:16-19). Rejoice my soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.